The objectives of this course are:
To introduce the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
To understand the different forms of abuse and recognise signs
To know how to react and what to do if someone discloses abuse
To understand the process of raising a concern with the local authority or police if an emergency.
Please note: Non-attendance on this course without notice will incur a £40 charge.
Trainer: Renee Jasper-Griffiths and Tim Horan
ESCC Training and development consultants
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This community network event will bring together community, voluntary, independent and public sector practitioners who have an interest local initiatives which aim to improve the environment in Hastings and St Leonards, and beyond.
Your contribution to the morning would be really valuable and there will be plenty of time set aside to network with the around 80 people that are likely to attend.
This is a developmental course targeted at those with responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding in their organisation or group and you must have completed an Introduction to Child Protection course in the past two years.
We have planned a full day of speakers and workshops:
- An update on HVA's work in 2018/19 and our future plans
- Hear about volunteers' achievements in our Volunteer Awards
- Help us to celebrate our 30th birthday
- Join in with our public art installation: Heroes of Hastings
- Browse our marketplace of projects and services
- Choose from 10 workshops to help you increase your skills and knowledge
Full details of the event can be found here: https://www.hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/achievement/hvas-agm-conferen...