We would love it if you are able to join us for the whole day of speakers and workshops, but we know people are busy, so feel free to book onto whichever parts of the day that you want to!
Workshop options A - 1pm-1.50pm
- Volunteers are central to the survival and success of many charities and not for profit organisations. Explore the current volunteering climate and find out how to recruit new volunteers and develop best practice in your organisation. (https://hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/service/volunteering-finding-volu...)
- Sussex Community Foundation - Hannah Clay & Peter Jones, SCF - Find out more about Sussex Community Foundation and its grants, and learn some top tips to make your application more successful. (https://sussexgiving.org.uk/)
- Governance in Practice - Pat Weaver, HVA - Are you currently a trustee or thinking of becoming a trustee and want to find out more about the role? Then this workshop is for you. Charity trustees play a very important role in making sure that their charity is run in the interests of the people it is there to support. This introductory section will provide an overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the role effectively. It will cover key Charity Commission guidance to help you to implement best practice, and will give you an opportunity to find answers to those questions you have!
- Social Value Marketplace - Cindy Nadesan, Surrey CC - The Social Value Marketplace is an online portal which will help support the development of relationships between the community, voluntary, social enterprise, business and public sectors in East Sussex. Communities will list what support and/or help they need and social enterprises, businesses and other groups will be able to respond with offers. Please come along to this interactive session where you’ll be able to see the prototype and help inform the next phase of the Social Value Marketplace journey!
Workshop options B - 2pm-2.50pm
- Crowdfund East Sussex - Vanessa Dubuisson & Su Johnston, Crowdfunder - Learn about how your project could use crowdfunding to raise money - with possible matchfunding from ESCC - and hear from Natasha Scott (Hastings Pride) and Tracy Smith (Little Gate Farm) who have already run successful crowdfunding projects. (https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/programmes/east-sussex)
- Is your organisation Ageing Well? - Debby Anderson & Laura Jeffcote, HVA - Try our new organisational health check and assess your age-friendly approach to volunteering. (https://hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/project/age-friendly-and-inclusiv...)
- Getting your message across - Stuart Baillie, Hastings in Focus - Find out how you can communicate better through the media, and write better press releases. (https://hastingsinfocus.co.uk/)
- Charity Mentors - Ian Noble, Charity Mentors - Find out about this free voluntary mentoring scheme, matching small community organisations with volunteer senior managers and specialists. (https://mentoring-eastsussex.co.uk/)
- Quickbooks Quickly - Pat Weaver & Keith Miller, HVA - A brief look at how the Quickbooks accounting package works, and what it could do for your organisation.
- 10 things you need to know about the future! - Steve Manwaring, HVA - HVA's Director has been researching the top 10 trends which will impact on the sector in 2020 and beyond. At this interactive workshop you will hear about the things that are likely to influence our work and discuss how organisations large and small can best prepare for them.
Could you be a HVA trustee?