Workshop options A - 1pm-1.50pm
- Volunteers are central to the survival and success of many charities and not for profit organisations. Explore the current volunteering climate and find out how to recruit new volunteers and develop best practice in your organisation. (https://hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/service/volunteering-finding-volu...)
- Sussex Community Foundation - Hannah Clay & Peter Jones, SCF - Find out more about Sussex Community Foundation and its grants, and learn some top tips to make your application more successful. (https://sussexgiving.org.uk/)
- Governance in Practice - Pat Weaver, HVA - Are you currently a trustee or thinking of becoming a trustee and want to find out more about the role? Then this workshop is for you. Charity trustees play a very important role in making sure that their charity is run in the interests of the people it is there to support. This introductory section will provide an overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the role effectively. It will cover key Charity Commission guidance to help you to implement best practice, and will give you an opportunity to find answers to those questions you have!
- East Sussex Social Value Marketplace - Cindy Nadesan, Surrey CC - Our vision is for the public, private and social sectors in East Sussex to work together so we can share our resources and collectively use these to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of our residents and local communities. This workshop will provide an overview of the East Sussex Social Value Marketplace and help you understand: How to register and create a profile of your group/organisation; How to make a request for support or offer support; and How to provide feedback after you have received or delivered a benefit.
Workshop options B - 2pm-2.50pm
- Crowdfund East Sussex - Vanessa Dubuisson & Su Johnston, Crowdfunder - Learn about how your project could use crowdfunding to raise money - with possible matchfunding from ESCC - and hear from Natasha Scott (Hastings Pride) and Tracy Smith (Little Gate Farm) who have already run successful crowdfunding projects. (https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/programmes/east-sussex)
- Is your organisation Ageing Well? - Debby Anderson & Laura Jeffcote, HVA - Try our new organisational health check and assess your age-friendly approach to volunteering. (https://hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/project/age-friendly-and-inclusiv...)
- Getting your message across - Stuart Baillie, Hastings in Focus - Find out how you can communicate better through the media, and write better press releases. (https://hastingsinfocus.co.uk/)
- Charity Mentors - Ian Noble, Charity Mentors - Find out about this free voluntary mentoring scheme, matching small community organisations with volunteer senior managers and specialists. (https://mentoring-eastsussex.co.uk/)
- Quickbooks Quickly - Pat Weaver & Keith Miller, HVA - A brief look at how the Quickbooks accounting package works, and what it could do for your organisation.
- 10 things you need to know about the future! - Steve Manwaring, HVA - HVA's Director has been researching the top 10 trends which will impact on the sector in 2020 and beyond. At this interactive workshop you will hear about the things that are likely to influence our work and discuss how organisations large and small can best prepare for them.
Could you be a HVA trustee?