- To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
- To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
- To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
- Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
- Awareness of a defibrillator
- Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
- Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
The cost of this training is FREE for up to 2 representatives of HVA member organisations, as it has been subsidised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. However there will be a £40 penalty for non-attendance without at least 3 days’ notice.
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This is a 2 hour course which can be emotional, a willingness to share with others is important. It is not necessary to reveal personal issues but the attendees must be willing to engage with exercises.
The aim of this course is to be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for the individual.
The aims: To raise volunteer’s awareness of mental health issues and reduce the stigma attached.