- To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
- To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
- To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
- Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
- Awareness of a defibrillator
- Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
- Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
The cost of this training is FREE for up to 2 representatives of HVA member organisations, as it has been subsidised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. However there will be a £40 penalty for non-attendance without at least 3 days’ notice.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Hastings Borough Council will be consulting on their Budget and Corporate Plan and want to hear views from local community organisations. Hastings Community Network are pleased to collaborate with Hastings Borough Council to ensure that local voluntary and community groups have an opportunity to input.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to legislation regarding equality and diversity and explore the concept of inclusion.
The course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and procedures and the signs and indicators of child abuse. To enable staff to identify and respond to child protection concerns and to become aware of East Sussex County Council Child Protection Procedures to encourage and develop effective inter-agency communication where child protection matters arise.